Working with Local Energy Scotland, we invite papers that showcase the role of community and local energy in meeting the Scottish Government’s climate and energy targets alongside the just transition: We’d like to hear from community and local energy projects (past, present and future) and those involved in developing, financing, delivering, researching and supporting them. Broad themes below;
Community and local energy show floor theatre (Day 1)
- Successful and effective early engagement in community and local energy projects
- How different groups needs have been considered, represented , and how they participate in, local heat and renewable energy projects
- Community attitudes to renewable technologies in local contexts
- Shared Ownership and Community Benefits
- Shared ownership – insights from developers and or communities
- Community benefits addressing fuel poverty, the cost of living crisis and or carbon reduction projects
- Community benefits – insights from developers and or communities
- Business models and funding, finance and support
- Loans and grants, share offers, and support
- Business models for community energy projects
- Insights from energy innovation in Island communities
- Local energy systems approaches
- Technical solutions and innovation
- Approach to decarbonising heat
- Community scale flexibility
- Local energy system approaches
- Community and local energy case studies
- We’d like to hear about project stories, both Nationally and Internationally.
- Ideally from those communities involved but also from researchers or advisors.
Have any questions?
Your conference team is here to help you